Q. Can I apply?

A. No, you need a caring professional to apply on your behalf.

Q. What do you mean by “a CARING PROFESSIONAL”?

A. A CARING PROFESSIONAL is someone who can apply for funding from Margaret’s Fund on your behalf. We accept applications from Registered Charity workers, Social Care Professionals, Doctors and Hospitals, social workers as well as other Care Workers but the Trustees regret they are unable to accept applications from Carers.

Q. I am a Carer. Does that mean I can apply?

A. The Trustees regret they can only accept applications made by Caring Professionals through organisations and not individuals.

Q. Is it possible to get funding for my husband from Margaret’s Fund? He is unwell.

A. Unfortunately no. Margaret’s Fund is here to help women in financial need only.

Q. Are any cash awards available from Margaret’s Fund?

A. Margaret’s Fund always makes payments by cheque only, and the cheque is only ever made to the CARING PROFESSIONAL’s organisation.

Q. Are all women eligible for funding?

A. Only women living in the UK, who are suffering from illness and are in financial need.

Q. How do you define “in financial need”?

A. There are questions on the application form which help us to understand your income.

Q. How do I actually apply for a grant money from Margaret’s Fund?

A. You need to do this through a CARING PROFESSIONAL such as a doctor, a nurse, a charity worker or a social worker. They simply go to the “apply for funding” page and fill in an online form on your behalf.